Apartment leases inside Louisiana are governed by Louisiana Civil Code Sections 2676, 2703, 2704, 2720, 2728, Louisiana Equal Housing Opportunity Act, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) if being collected by a third party debt collector. This property code lays out the rights and obligations of the tenant and landlord a residential lease situation and apartment collections.
When you hire our law firm we:
- Interview you about what happened and what your expectations are for the resolution of the account.
- If needed, we will send a dispute letter to the debt collector and or apartment complex.
- We will evaluate any documentation that is returned.
- A recommendation will be given to you to which may be the best course of action
- We will then help you act upon that recommendation. If an eviction judgment was issued we will work to release that judgment as well in our negotiation.