Louisiana Auto Repo Collections
An auto repo collections (repossession) in Louisiana can leave a lasting mark on your credit report and your could owe thousands of dollars to the lender for the deficiency balance. An auto repo is considered more seriously in lending decisions since it is an installment account. You may want to consider hiring our firm if you are facing one of the following issues with an auto repo collections:
- Incorrect credit reporting of the auto repo
We find that often the credit report does not reflect the true date of repossession, especially when sold to a third party debt buyer. This can re-age the debt making it more damaging to your credit score. We work directly with the lender to adjust credit reporting accurately.
- Balances are incorrect
We find that often the balance that is being reported on the credit report does not include the proceeds from the sale of the car. This is a potential violation and needs to be corrected.
- GAP insurance coverage
We find that often when a client has had a car wreck that they may be a small portion left over that the GAP coverage did not pay. The lender then will post a repossession on the client’s credit report because of their automated system.
- Auto Loan was charged off but the auto was never repossessed
We find that in some situations an auto account is marked as repossessed even though the collateral was never actually taken back. Clients in this situation often find themselves with a car that they can not dispose of because they have no title. We can usually negotiate an settlement amount for title.
- The deficiency balance was sold to a debt buyer
There can be serious issues that occur when a debt is transferred such as inadequate documentation or missed transfers. When notified this may allow our client to be put in a better position.
- Auto Lender or Debt Buyer is suing for deficiency balance on auto loan
It is becoming more common that the lender will sue for the deficiency balance after a repossession. We can defend a client in a lawsuit of this nature.
We do find that in most cases with auto repossessions appearing on the credit report we are able to assist the clients in adjusting the credit reporting to a more favorable status. Sometime the lender may agree to possibly remove the tradeline or accept a settlement on the account.
When we are hired, we will:
- Obtain the necessary documents to evaluate your situation
- Evaluate the documents compared to the client’s scenario and help render an opinion
- Help the client enforce their rights as to the debt collection / credit reporting.
- If desired, approach the lender to see if a settlement can be made that is favorable to our client’s goals of credit reporting and ending possible legal liabilities.
The above fees do not include the filing of a lawsuit against the creditor.
Why hire us to help you with a Louisiana auto repo collections?
- A demand letter from an attorney may carry more weight than a demand letter sent yourself.
- The demand letter will be crafted to take advantage of existing state and federal law in an attempt to put you in the best position possible.
- Traceable proof of delivery of our demand letter.
- We followup with the demand letter to make sure the intended party receives it.
- We help you resolve the auto repo collections.
- We can file a lawsuit to correct erroneous information if needed.